TREMEC Develops All-New TKX Five-Speed Transmission
TREMEC is pleased to announce the release of the new TKX, a 5-speed RWD manual transmission developed solely for the aftermarket.
For the development of the new transmission, TREMEC engineers took a forward-looking approach to finding the best and most efficient solution. This included universal packaging, excellent shifting performance, and extreme durability.
The end result is superior shift-ability with smooth shifts at high RPMs through the use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings. At the same time, noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance is optimized with a gear layout to best control stress levels, while providing structural stiffness with a ribbed, 3-piece aluminum housing. Durability is further optimized with oversized gear widths, gaskets at all flanges and caged needle bearings in all gear positions.
Whether restoring or upgrading a classic muscle car or a 1930s-era roadster coupe, the new TREMEC TKX 5-speed RWD manual transmission delivers a top-quality drivetrain solution.
- 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity; capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs.
- Available in multiple gear ratio configurations (See specifications).
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations.
- Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness.
- Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615), providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations. Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns
TKX Gear Ratio Chart
The new TKX affords three shifter positioning locations to fit most situations.
Internally, you will also find a triple support system for the main shaft and double support on the countershaft. This along with the use of tapered bearing on all support locations create the ability for much smoother shifts than a salvage-yard swap transmission could dream of delivering. Durability is further optimized with oversized gear widths, gaskets at all flanges, and caged needle bearings in all gear positions.