Designed and manufactured by Tremec, the TR-3650 is a 5-speed manual transmission that was first introduced in the 2001 Ford Mustang GT & Cobra’s. They were installed halfway through 2001 replacing the T-45. FoMoCo needed a stronger gearbox that could withstand additional torque output, so they turned to Tremec for a redesign.
Today, HMS rebuilds & customizes the Tremec TR-3650 and offers various options given the customer’s specific needs. The TR-3650 uses a 3pc 1-2 advanced synchronizer design, and carbon-lined synchro rings for 3-4-5 & reverse which are standard in every build. HMS has enabled the popular Tremec 3650 to be a legitimate option in a world so often dominated by Tremec’s other products like its five-speed heavy-duty transmissions, TKO-500 and TKO-600, and its six-speed transmissions, such as the T56, TR6060 & Magnum units.
Considering the vehicle’s weight, power, traction/tire size, and even driving style. A modified TR-3650 can fit a lot of different combinations, and is an affordable alternative to other Tremec Transmission units.
- HMS Modified 05-10 Tremec TR-3650 Transmission
- Perfect for Coyote Swaps or Factory Replacement
- 3PC 1-2 Rings – Advanced Synchronizer Design
- Carbon-Lined Synchro Rings 3-4-5, & Reverse
- Horsepower Rating – 475HP or Less
- Input Shaft – 10 Spline
- Output Shaft – 31 Spline
- Choice Of .62 or .68OD
- Dry Weight – 120 lbs
- 1 Shifter Location – Body Mount Design
- Electronic Speedo Only
- Integrated Bellhousing – Fits 4.6L, 5.0L, 5.4L Modular Engines
Gear Ratios: 1st Gear: 3.38, 2nd Gear: 2.0, 3rd Gear: 1.32, 4th Gear: 1.00, 5th Gear: 0.62 or 0.68OD OPTION
NOTE: This HMS TR-3650 will fit S197 or S550 Mustangs equipped with a 4.6L, 5.0L Coyote, or 5.4L modular engine. All TR-3650 transmissions require a $800.00 core charge or exchange unit. All TR-3650 units are custom built to order, and may require up to 14+ weeks turn around time. Shifter is not included.
Additional Cost Options:
- 26-Spline Input Shaft – $399
- Bronze Shift Fork Pads – $60
- .81OD 5th Gear Option – $475
- UPR Products Shifter – $119.95