TREMEC is pleased to announce the release of the new TKX, a 5-speed RWD manual transmission developed solely for the aftermarket.
For the development of the new transmission, TREMEC engineers took a forward-looking approach to finding the best and most efficient solution. This included universal packaging, excellent shifting performance, and extreme durability.
The end result is superior shift-ability with smooth shifts at high RPMs through the use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings. At the same time, noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance is optimized with a gear layout to best control stress levels, while providing structural stiffness with a ribbed, 3-piece aluminum housing. Durability is further optimized with oversized gear widths, gaskets at all flanges and caged needle bearings in all gear positions.
Whether restoring or upgrading a classic muscle car or a 1930s-era roadster coupe, the new TREMEC TKX 5-speed RWD manual transmission delivers a top-quality drivetrain solution.
- 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity; capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs.
- Input Shaft – 26 Spline.
- Output Shaft – 31 Spline.
- Lightweight at 99 lbs dry.
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations.
- Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness.
- Gaskets at all flanges simplifies installation and eliminates fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615), providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
Gear Ratios: 1st Gear: 2.87, 2nd Gear: 1.89, 3rd Gear: 1.28, 4th Gear: 1.00, 5th Gear: 0.68